Matthew Reilly | Brief Biography
Matthew Reilly | Brief Biography
Matthew Reilly is an Australian author who was born on July 2, 1974, in Sydney, New South Wales. He is best known for his fast-paced action-adventure novels that combine elements of science fiction, historical fiction, and suspense. He has been described as one of Australia’s leading action-adventure writers, and his books have been published in more than 20 countries.
Reilly’s writing career began when he was still a law student at the University of New South Wales. His first novel, “Contest,” was published in 1996, and it quickly gained a cult following for its high-octane action and breakneck pacing. The book tells the story of a group of contestants who must compete in a deadly game to win the ultimate prize, and it has been described as a cross between “The Hunger Games” and “Indiana Jones.”
Since the publication of “Contest,” Reilly has written several more action-adventure novels, including “Ice Station” (1998), “Temple” (1999), “Area 7” (2001), “Scarecrow” (2003), “Seven Ancient Wonders” (2005), “The Six Sacred Stones” (2007), “The Five Greatest Warriors” (2009), “The Tournament” (2011), “The Great Zoo of China” (2013), and “The Three Secret Cities” (2017).
In addition to his novels, Reilly has also written several screenplays and worked as a screenwriter for various film and television projects. He is also an avid gamer and has been involved in the development of several video games.
Matthew Reilly‘s writing style has been praised for its breakneck pace and relentless action, and he has been compared to other action-adventure writers such as Michael Crichton and Tom Clancy. His books have been described as “roller-coaster rides” that are “impossible to put down.” He has been awarded several literary prizes for his writing, including the Australian National Book Award for “Contest” and the Australian Publishers Association Book of the Year Award for “Seven Ancient Wonders.” 0 0 0.
MatthewReilly.com (official website)
“Matthew Reilly: The Adventurer” by Nathan Jolly, Sydney Morning Herald, 2010
“The Unstoppable Matthew Reilly” by Michael Dwyer, The Age, 2005
“Interview with Matthew Reilly” by Margaret Clark, Booktopia, 2013. ***
N.B. The article originally belongs to the book entitled ‘Biographies of Writers Around the World‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Biography by M. Menonimus:
- The World Writers-Brief Biographies
- Introduction to World Writers
- Introduction to World Personalities
- Love of Reputed Persons
- Brief Biographies of Prominent Bengali Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Monarchs
- Brief Biographies of Ancient Thinkers and Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Generals and Conquerors
- Biographies of Writers Around the World ..
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues …
- Famous Writers
- The Lives of the Poets
- 10 Best Generals of All Time
- Muslim Leaders in History
- Best Military Commanders of All Time …