Jane Harper | Brief Biography
Jane Harper | Brief Biography
Jane Harper is a bestselling Australian author known for her suspenseful and atmospheric novels set in rural Australia. Born in Manchester, England, she grew up in Melbourne, Australia, and worked as a journalist before turning to writing fiction. Her books have been critically acclaimed and have won several awards, and she has been hailed as one of the best writers of crime fiction in Australia.
Harper’s debut novel, “The Dry,” was published in 2016 and was an immediate success. Set in the drought-stricken town of Kiewarra, the book tells the story of a federal police agent who returns to his hometown to investigate a murder and must confront the secrets of his past. The novel was praised for its tight plotting, compelling characters, and vivid sense of place, and won several awards, including the Edgar Award for Best First Novel.
Her second novel, “Force of Nature,” was published in 2017 and was equally well received. Set in the wilderness of Giralang Ranges, the book follows a group of five coworkers who embark on a corporate retreat and become trapped in the wilderness after one of them goes missing. The novel was noted for its suspenseful pacing and tense atmosphere and was shortlisted for the CWA Gold Dagger Award.
Harper’s third novel, “The Lost Man,” was published in 2019 and was another bestseller. Set in the Australian outback, the book tells the story of two brothers who must confront the secrets of their family and their past when one of them is found dead under mysterious circumstances. The novel was praised for its evocative setting, complex characters, and masterful storytelling, and was shortlisted for several awards, including the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award.
Jane Harper‘s writing has been compared to that of classic crime writers such as Agatha Christie and Ruth Rendell, and she has been praised for her ability to create suspenseful, atmospheric novels that are rooted in a strong sense of place. Her books have been translated into several languages and have been published around the world, and she has won a large and devoted following of fans and readers. 0 0 0.
Jane Harper’s official website: https://www.janeharper.com.au/
Jane Harper’s biography on Goodreads:
“The Dry” on Goodreads
“Force of Nature” on Goodreads
“The Lost Man” on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40895657-the-lost-man. ***
N.B. The article originally belongs to the book entitled ‘Biographies of Writers Around the World‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Biography by M. Menonimus:
- The World Writers-Brief Biographies
- Introduction to World Writers
- Introduction to World Personalities
- Love of Reputed Persons
- Brief Biographies of Prominent Bengali Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Monarchs
- Brief Biographies of Ancient Thinkers and Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Generals and Conquerors
- Biographies of Writers Around the World ..
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues …
- Famous Writers
- The Lives of the Poets
- 10 Best Generals of All Time
- Muslim Leaders in History
- Best Military Commanders of All Time …