Craig Silvey | Brief Biography
Craig Silvey | Brief Biography
Craig Silvey is an Australian author and screenwriter who is best known for his novel “The Jasper Jones.” Born on May 21, 1981, in Bunbury, Western Australia, Silvey grew up in a small town and was exposed to storytelling and literature at a young age. He developed an interest in writing and storytelling, which he pursued later in life.
Silvey’s debut novel, “The Jasper Jones,” was published in 2009. The book, set in 1965 in the fictional town of Corrigan, Australia, is a coming-of-age story that explores themes of racial prejudice, bullying, and class struggles. The novel received critical acclaim and was a best-seller in Australia and internationally. It was later adapted into a play and a feature film.
In 2012, Silvey published his second novel, “Riley.” The book is a prequel to “The Jasper Jones” and focuses on the life of Riley, one of the main characters from the first novel. The book explores themes of family, love, and loss, and provides a deeper understanding of the world of Corrigan.
Silvey’s third novel, “Honeybee,” was published in 2021. The book is set in contemporary Australia and focuses on a group of young people who band together to save a struggling honeybee colony. The novel explores themes of friendship, community, and the importance of preserving the natural world.
In addition to his writing, Silvey has also worked as a screenwriter. He co-wrote the screenplay for the film adaptation of “The Jasper Jones,” which was released in 2017. He has also written several other screenplays, including one for a television series.
Craig Silvey‘s works have received numerous awards and recognition, including the Indie Book Award for Young Adult Fiction for “The Jasper Jones” and the Western Australian Premier’s Book Award for “Riley.” 0 0 0.
“Craig Silvey.” Goodreads, Goodreads Inc., www.goodreads.com/author/show/2735138.Craig_Silvey.
“The Jasper Jones.” IMDb, IMDb.com, Inc., www.imdb.com/title/tt3752390/.
“Craig Silvey: ‘The Jasper Jones is a Love Letter to Small Towns.'” The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 14 Feb. 2009, www.theguardian.com/books/2009/feb/14/craig-silvey-jasper-jones. ***
N.B. The article originally belongs to the book entitled ‘Biographies of Writers Around the World‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Biography by M. Menonimus:
- The World Writers-Brief Biographies
- Introduction to World Writers
- Introduction to World Personalities
- Love of Reputed Persons
- Brief Biographies of Prominent Bengali Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Monarchs
- Brief Biographies of Ancient Thinkers and Writers
- Brief Biographies of Eminent Generals and Conquerors
- Biographies of Writers Around the World ..
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues …
- Famous Writers
- The Lives of the Poets
- 10 Best Generals of All Time
- Muslim Leaders in History
- Best Military Commanders of All Time …