Sarojini Naidu | Wandering Singers | An Analytical Study
Sarojini Naidu’s Poem ‘Wandering Singers’-An Analytical Study
The poem “Wandering Singers” by Sarojini Naidu portrays a group of wandering singers who travel freely wherever the wind calls them.
The main theme of the poem is the nomadic nature of the wandering singers and their connection to the world around them. The poem celebrates their itinerant lifestyle, emphasizing their sense of belonging to a larger human family. It also highlights the transient nature of life and the acceptance of fate.
The poem mentions the subjects of their songs, which include cities that have lost their former splendor, the beauty of women from the past, the glory of ancient battles, the crowns of kings, and a mix of happy, simple, and sorrowful things. This imagery suggests that the singers draw inspiration from a wide range of experiences and emotions.
The wandering singers are portrayed as free spirits who don’t stay in one place. They are driven by the voice of the wind, and no love or joy compels them to stay or wait. The wind’s voice is presented as their fate, guiding their footsteps and shaping their journeys.
The poet uses vivid and evocative language to convey the essence of the wandering singers’ existence. The wind is personified as it calls out to their wandering feet, leading them through forests and streets. The singers carry lutes and sing as they roam, considering all people as their kindred and the world as their home.
To say in brief, “Wandering Singers” celebrates the nomadic life of the singers and their connection to humanity. The poem explores the idea of embracing fate and finding inspiration in a variety of experiences. It encourages a sense of openness to the world and the ever-changing path that lies ahead. 0 0 0.
Sarojini Naidu Wandering Singers An Analytical Study
N.B. The article ‘Sarojini Naidu Wandering Singers An Analytical Study’ originally belongs to the book ‘Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets-Critical Studies
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu …
Additional Searches :
- Sarojini Naidu Poems
- Sarojini Naidu
- Sarojini Naidu Poems-Best Poems Encyclopedia
- The Main Features of the Poetry of Sarojini Naidu