Sarojini Naidu | Indian Weavers | Analytical Study
Sarojini Naidu’s Poem ‘Indian Weavers’-An Analytical Study
The poem “Indian Weavers” by Sarojini Naidu depicts a conversation with weavers and explores the different garments they weave for various occasions.
In the first stanza, the weavers are asked why they weave a garment so gay (cheerful and bright) at the break of day. The weavers explain that the garment they weave is as blue as the wild halcyon bird’s wing, representing the robes for a new-born child.
In the second stanza, the weavers are questioned about the bright garment they weave at the fall of night. They respond that the garment is purple and green like the colorful plumes of a peacock. This garment symbolizes the marriage veils woven for a queen’s wedding.
In the final stanza, the weavers are asked what they weave in the solemn and still moonlight chill. They reveal that they weave a garment as white as a feather and as white as a cloud. This garment signifies the funeral shroud woven for a deceased person.
The poem’s diction is simple, yet it employs vivid imagery to convey the beauty and purpose behind the weavers’ creations. The use of colors, such as blue, purple, green, and white, enhances the visual imagery and adds depth to the meaning of each garment.
After all, “Indian Weavers” celebrates the skill and artistry of Indian weavers, showcasing their ability to create garments that mark significant moments in life, from birth to marriage to death. The poem’s simple yet evocative language allows the reader to appreciate the craftsmanship and cultural importance of weaving in Indian tradition. 0 0 0
Sarojini Naidu Indian Weavers Analytical Study
N.B. The article ‘Sarojini Naidu Indian Weavers Analytical Study’ originally belongs to the book ‘Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets-Critical Studies
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu …
Additional Searches :
- Sarojini Naidu Poems
- Sarojini Naidu
- Sarojini Naidu Poems-Best Poems Encyclopedia
- The Main Features of the Poetry of Sarojini Naidu