Sarojini Naidu | Indian Dancers | An Analytical Study
Sarojini Naidu’s Poem ‘Indian Dancers’-An Analytical Study
The main theme of the poem ‘Indian Dancers’ by Sarojini Naidu is the enchanting beauty and captivating allure of Indian dancers. The poem celebrates their grace, sensuality, and the effect they have on the senses. It portrays the dancers as celestial beings, evoking a sense of passion and desire in those who witness their performance.
The poem describes the music accompanying the dancers as a strain of keen music that cuts through the stars like a longing cry. The dancers themselves are portrayed as beautiful, with faces resembling houris (mythical beings associated with paradise). Their movements are likened to enchanting watches of the night.
The poetic diction of the poem ‘Indian Dancers’ also incorporates sensory details to convey the dancers’ allure. The scents of red roses and sandalwood mingle with their gem-tangled hair, and their smiles are compared to magical serpents entwining poppy flowers. Their garments, described as glittering purple, are said to burn like trembling dawns in the quivering air.
The poem captures the rhythm and elegance of the dancers’ movements, describing their feet as rhythmical, slumber-soft, and their gestures as winding, flashing, and languishing. Their arms are adorned with jewels, and their fingers are compared to warm, wavering, lily-like in their beauty.
Overall, “Indian Dancers” celebrates the captivating beauty and sensual allure of Indian dancers. The poem’s vivid and evocative language allows readers to visualize the scene and feel the passion and desire that emanate from the dancers’ performance. 0 0 0
Sarojini Naidu Indian Dancers An Analytical Study
N.B. The article ‘Sarojini Naidu Indian Dancers An Analytical Study’ originally belongs to the book ‘Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets-Critical Studies
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu …
Additional Searches :
- Sarojini Naidu Poems
- Sarojini Naidu
- Sarojini Naidu Poems-Best Poems Encyclopedia
- The Main Features of the Poetry of Sarojini Naidu