R Tagore | Where Shadow Chases Light | Analytical Study
Rabindranath Tagore’s Poem ‘Where Shadow Chases Light’-An Analytical Study
“Where Shadow Chases Light” by Rabindranath Tagore is a poem that expresses the poet’s joy in patiently observing the interplay between light and shadow, and the arrival of rain after the summer season. The poem portrays the poet’s anticipation and contentment as messengers bring tidings from distant skies, and the passing breeze brings a sweet sensation.
The poet finds delight in waiting and watching by the wayside, where shadows constantly pursue the light. This imagery represents the perpetual dance between darkness and illumination. Additionally, the arrival of rain after the summer season symbolizes the cyclical nature of life and the anticipation of change.
The poem suggests that messengers from unknown skies come to the poet, conveying news and swiftly continuing on their path. These messengers bring a sense of excitement and anticipation, filling the poet’s heart with gladness. Furthermore, the passing breeze carries a sweet fragrance, enhancing the poet’s experience.
The poet spends the entire day from dawn till dusk sitting by their door, expecting a sudden and happy moment when they will witness something significant. However, in the meantime, the poet remains content, smiling and singing in solitude. The air becomes imbued with the scent of promise, signifying hope and a sense of anticipation for what is to come.
In conclusion, “Where Shadow Chases Light” is a poem about finding joy in observing the contrast between light and shadow. The poet delights in patiently waiting and watching as shadows pursue the light. The arrival of rain after summer symbolizes the cycle of life. The poet is excited by messengers bringing news from distant skies and is uplifted by the sweet scent carried by the passing breeze. While waiting for a significant moment, the poet remains content, smiling, and singing alone, surrounded by an air of promise. The poem conveys a sense of appreciation for the beauty of nature and the anticipation of future possibilities. 0 0 0
R Tagore Where Shadow Chases Light Analytical Study
N.B. The article ‘R Tagore Where Shadow Chases Light Analytical Study’ originally belongs to the book ‘Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Rabindranath Tagore‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets-Critical Studies
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Rabindranath Tagore …
Additional Searches :
- Rabindranath Tagore
- 10 Timeless Poems by Rabindranath Tagore
- Rabindranath Tagore as a Poet
- Rabindranath Tagore Critical Analysis
- Rabindranath Tagore Poems
- Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- Walk Alone by Rabindranath Tagore