R Tagore | Beggarly Heart | Analytical Study
Rabindranath Tagore’s Poem ‘Beggarly Heart’-An Analytical Study
“Beggarly Heart” by Rabindranath Tagore is a poem that expresses a plea for divine intervention and guidance in times of hardship and inner turmoil. The speaker implores a higher power to shower them with mercy, bring back grace into their life, and offer solace in the face of overwhelming work and chaos.
The poem begins by describing a heart that has become hard and parched, devoid of compassion and empathy. In such moments, the speaker implores the divine to approach them with a shower of mercy, symbolizing the need for kindness and understanding to soften their heart.
The poem further portrays a loss of grace in life, indicating a sense of spiritual emptiness. In this state, the speaker calls for a burst of song to rejuvenate their soul and restore a sense of beauty and harmony.
The speaker also acknowledges the overwhelming nature of work and the noise that surrounds them, leaving them feeling disconnected from the world beyond. They seek the presence of the “lord of silence,” a representation of tranquility and inner peace, to provide respite from the clamor and bring serenity.
Furthermore, the poem highlights moments when the speaker’s heart feels impoverished and isolated, metaphorically crouched in a corner. They yearn for the divine to break open the door like a majestic king, bringing with them a sense of grandeur and dignity.
Lastly, the poem addresses the blinding influence of desire, which clouds the mind with illusion and confusion. The speaker implores the holy one, the awakened entity, to come with their light and thunder, symbolizing enlightenment and clarity that can dispel delusion and reveal truth.
In simple terms, “Beggarly Heart” is a poem that expresses a plea for divine intervention and guidance during challenging times. The speaker implores for mercy, grace, and solace to soften their heart, restore beauty and harmony, and find peace amidst the chaos of life. They seek a sense of grandeur and dignity to uplift their impoverished state and ask for enlightenment to dispel illusions and gain clarity. The poem conveys a sense of longing for spiritual nourishment, support, and transcendence. 0 0 0.
R Tagore Beggarly Heart Analytical Study
N.B. The article ‘R Tagore Beggarly Heart Analytical Study’ originally belongs to the book ‘Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Rabindranath Tagore‘ by Menonim Menonimus.
Books of Literary Criticism by M. Menonimus:
- World Short Story Criticism
- World Poetry Criticism
- World Drama Criticism
- World Novel Criticism
- World Essay Criticism
- Indian English Poetry Criticism
- Indian English Poets and Poetry Chief Features
- Emily Dickinson’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Walt Whitman’s Poetry-A Thematic Study
- Critical Essays on English Poetry
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: Return of the Spirit-An Analytical Study
- Tawfiq al-Hakim’s Novel: ‘Yawmiyyat Naib Fil Arayaf’-An Analytical Study
- Analytical Studies of Some Arabic Short Stories
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Pre-Islamic Period (500 AD-622 AD)
- A Brief History of Arabic Literature: Early Islamic Period (622 AD-661 AD)
- Reviews on William Shakespeare’s Works
- Reviews of Charles Dickens’ Works
- Reviews of John Milton’s Literary Works
- Reviews of Some Iconic Travelogues
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets-Critical Studies
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Sarojini Naidu
- Analytical Studies of Selected Poems of Rabindranath Tagore …
Additional Searches :
- Rabindranath Tagore
- 10 Timeless Poems by Rabindranath Tagore
- Rabindranath Tagore as a Poet
- Rabindranath Tagore Critical Analysis
- Rabindranath Tagore Poems
- Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- Walk Alone by Rabindranath Tagore